home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, May 24, 2015

New Stampin Up and some cards!

Hello Friends!
 How are you all enjoying your Memorial day weekend? It has been a madhouse here at the shore! It seems like everyone was here. There are no parking spaces anywhere along the streets. Thank goodness I have my own parking spot. All weekend long I have smelled the many delicious scents of people grilling. I have heard the laughter and voices of children playing and I have even heard and seen the many late nighters staggering down the street from having one too many drinks at the club. It has been eventful and it reminded me that summer has officially begun here at the shore!

So I have been playing around with the new 2015-17  in colors from Stampin Up and I have two cards to share with you but before I do, I wanted to remind you that there is only one day left to get this week's weekly deals.


Ok so here are my cards....

I made both cards the same and both were completed in under 15 minutes. I used the retiring stamp set A Round Array .. product ID #129090. Here is a photo of the set. 
UNSET 
I used the first stamp in the bottom row to create my own stamped background. The cardstock I used on both cards were the new In colors, Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron and I used the same color inks to stamp that cute round image to create a tone on tone affect. Then I had used a new stamp set called "Friendly Wishes" product ID #139579 to stamp the sentiment onto a 3x3 piece of white cardstock that I had watercolored. I took the Watermelon Wonder and the Mint Macaron inks and stamped them on my non stick mat. I then took a brush and some water and created a nice water colored wash for these 3x3 pieces. Once they were dry, I took my Ranger archival black ink and stamped the sentiment. I added some wink of stella to the word "Friend" and the little heart on the sentiment and I also added it on each little stamped image on the background. That cute lace you see is the new lace trim added in the in color, Tip Top Taupe. I added just a strip of it across the card to bring in another color and I figured that the Tip Top Taupe was perfect as its a neutral. As you can see, it goes together beautifully with both colors. To finish off the cards, I added some glossy accents to the little hearts on the sentiment and added some pearl sequins.

All of these new products will be available on June 2nd when the catalogue goes live! That just so happens to be my birthday so what a huge celebration!!!! And if you like the stamp set I used to create my background, click HERE to get it now while supplies last because it is retiring!!! Once it is gone, that is it.
Well my friends thanks for stopping by!


Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~



6 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day! Like the friend cards w/ the sentiment & embellishing.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! I love the way you created your own background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Loving the new colors and the way you used the stamps as a repeated background image--Really sweet. I'm hoping to get crafty here today too! Hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Jo! Wow and even under 15 min~way to go! LOVE the stamped background and fun sentiment! Super cute my friend!
    Happy Memorial Day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the beach is in full swing Jo! There's nothing like the sounds of summer is there?!! I love the sounds of summer especially at the beach even though I'm not much of a beach person. lol Love your sweet cards, those new colors are really pretty!! Glad you were able to get some play time in the craft room. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~